LUPE Training is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement?
LUPE Training may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2019.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title
• contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping relating to our services
• To ensure we fulfil our Health and Safety obligations towards you and ensure you are able to take part in our physical skills training course.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Data Protection Declaration
LUPE Training needs to hold certain personal information about students. Information will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force in May of 2018. Personal data will be used for a variety of purposes that LUPE Training considers to be of benefit to students including (but not restricted to) monitoring performance, statistical reporting, awarding qualifications and provision of services. Agreement to the processing of personal data is a condition of acceptance onto any course. By applying for a course you signify your agreement to this processing.
You should note in particular that:
• You are agreeing to LUPE Training releasing appropriate information to relevant third parties such as BTEC / Edexcel, employers, prospective employers, providers of training contracts and other appropriate organisations or individuals. This may include providing references on your behalf or information relating to your performance.
• Sensitive Personal Data (as defined under the Act) will not be disclosed without your specific consent. Information will not be released to third parties for marketing purposes.
Postponement or Cancellation of Confirmed Booking
Should a course be cancelled by the course sponsor/booking agency prior to the course commencing once confirmed the following sliding scale of charges will apply:
• 28 days prior to course date: 50% fees due payable
• 14 days prior to course date: 75% fees due payable
• Up to 7 days prior to course start date: 100% fees due payable
All cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with the current cookie law.
By giving us your consent, you are allowing us to provide the best possible experience of our website. You may refuse consent to cookies; however certain parts of our website may then not function correctly. You can alter your browser settings to refuse all cookies.
There are four types of cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies –These are essential to make a website work and provide features you’ve asked for. Generally, these are used to provide shopping baskets and similar. Without these cookies the website may not work as intended.
Performance Cookies – These collect anonymous information about users for the purposes of tracking the performance of a website. Common uses include well known analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
Targeting / Advertising Cookies – These are similar to performance cookies. However they are used to track users’ behaviour and that information is then used on a “per user” basis to advertise products / services on the basis of the behavioural information collected.
Functionality Cookies – These are used to remember automatically the choices that users have made in order to improve their experience on the website; for example selecting desired layout or language.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or contacting us at LUPE Training. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
75 Wheatsheaf Road
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.